Translate

May 20, 2016

Book Recommendation: Disappointing Act


 Click The Link

Dear Bookworms,


I just want to start off by saying that, this book?! Disappearing Act by Terry McMillan is a really good read.


This book is about a man and a women and the troubles of there relationship. Franklin, a handsome black man that works as a construction worker and can barely get by living pay check to pay check. He didn't finish high school but has his GED and is trying to start his own business. He comes from a troubled pass; an emotionally disturbed mother, absent but physically there father, and two sisters. Just when his going to take a "vacation"
from women, he meets the girl of his dreams. Thinking that all women are the same he made assumptions about Zora. He thought that she was just like every other black female he met; nosy, trying to get after his money, or trying to sleep with him. But this soulful, beautiful black women that can make anyone cry with her beautiful singing voice swept him off of his feet. I can honestly say that it was love at first sight, for both of them too. I love the tone of this book, its very warm to me, I always just want to curl up under the blanket with tea and enjoy the story between the two. What makes this story so rich to me is the fact that it's in first person, so it's almost like you have two best friends and there venting to you -- I don't know why I feel like that, but I do.



When they first meet, though, they both fall head over heels for each other; always thinking about one another, but, a long the way, like it always happens they started to pick at each other. The fact that his job, as a construction worker, lays him off so much, it got to the point where he wasn't getting up to get ready for work anymore, he was just getting up early to start his day. I don't want to spoil the whole story for you guys but if I recommend anything to you guys, I would say this book in a heart beat. Which is funny because this book was recommended to me, and now I'm recommending it to you. Until next time ❤️


With Love & Sweetness,

No comments: