Translate

July 29, 2016

Life Lesson: Are You Hiring?


Hello friends,


I am in need of a new job, I don't want just any job though, I want my dream job. Ever since I started my classes, I've always kept my future in mind. I'm not exactly sure where I'll be in five years, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing something great -- hopefully.

I switched again, because the old school I was at was not
working with me. I almost had to fight my advisor because she wasn't doing her job -- I'm joking, but seriously, she wasn't doing her job. Second, the new school has the major I want, journalism, not that I want to be a journalist but I want to know the inns and outs of being a better writer in hopes of soon becoming an author or an editor one day. I just don't know which is better, I think author would be best, I just hate how long it takes to write a damn book, and editing would be cool but I feel like I wouldn't be writing for myself, I'd feel almost like I couldn't express myself. I wish I was fortunate enough to make this, blogging, my job but what steps do I have to take?


I've read countless posts about how to turn blogging into a job, "You have to have a niche," they say, "And if your niche is not popular then your blog won't be popular." I just feel that the only kind of blogs that are popular are the fashion blogs. Not that there's anything wrong with them, it's just I'm not a fashion type of gal -- I wear old navy and my boyfriends underwear for crying out loud. I know how to mix and match for a "poppin" outfit but fashion is not my life. I'd rather, watch a movie or read a book before I talk about the latest fashion trends, which brings to my next topic: why are only fashion blogs popular?

If anyways looks at my blog, especially me, I'd say my blog is about life experience and book recommendations. I guess mine isn't so popular because no one really knows who I am, it's not that I want to be a secret, it just I'd rather my content speak for its own. That's why I came up with a cartoon figure, so I'd be there, without actually being there. I feel like my blog is amazing, and everyone should know about it, as well as all the other under dog bloggers that don't talk about "traditional blogger stuff".

I just wish I could have a writing job that I can create myself, such as Issa Raye -- she is my girl! Well, if you know of any jobs hiring, let ya girl know, until next time ❤




With Love & Sweetness,

No comments: