Translate

October 23, 2015

New York Life Lesson: Too Busy for New York


Antonie Henrich

Dear friends,


    Man have I been through it! These past few weeks I got really sick and had to go to the ER. I broke out in hives, couldn't breathe, and was feeling super dizzy. My wonderful mother, because she lives so far away, decided to fly out to see me. First two
days I couldn't even get out of bed, I was so exhausted! But, eventually, I sucked it up and took my mother out to Manhattan.

    While on the train, this bright and cold sunny morning, I almost forgot how good it felt to be on the train going somewhere. See, the bad thing about New York is, your so wrapped up in making money, working, or going to school that you sometimes forget how good it feels to just go out and explore. One thing that I did forget about the city is all the bargains you can get! I had cracked the screen of my phone and was looking at $200 to fix it. When I went to the city, I only paid $90 plus got a free glass screen protector, you can get deals but when it's time to eat that's where most of your money goes. When my mom and I finally got food we spent $12 on two slices of a pizza, a crappy cookie, and one drink. The main reason why I never go to the city is because I'm always working, when I'm not working I'm in my apartment sleeping or getting things for my apartment. Besides, I have bills to pay now so I have no reason to go to the city like that.

    Adult life really does make you busy, I find myself going to work and coming straight home just to go to sleep so I won't be tired at work. Now when I hang out it's maybe taking a detour around the block before heading home to relax. Don't get me wrong, I do hang out sometimes and most of the time when I hang out, it's either in New Rochelle, Yonkers, or Mont Vernon and half the time we just go the movies or walk around the mall. In the city, I can do the same thing but spend about $200 -- I know I'm exaggerating but you really can spend a lot of money in the city. 42nd street to 31st street is dedicated to the tourist and is where the prices are the most heightened.

    The life lesson for this post is I didn't realize how busy I was until I had a day to do nothing. It's so easy to focus your whole being on making money and trying to make a future for yourself that you forget how to have... fun. Do you think you work too much and don't play enough? Comment below and let's discuss, until next time ❤



With Love & Sweetness,

No comments: