Translate

April 15, 2016

Audio Book Recommendation- Breaking All My Rules


You can preview the book here

Hello Bookworms,

Today's book is called, Breaking All My Rules by Trice Hickman. I know I said that I was trying to set out of my comfort zone and experience new genres of books, but I always have to go back to my first love. I can say that Trice Hickman is one of my favorite authors only because she writes about the same thing, but with different scenarios.

I talked about one of her books before, but this one is way better than the last because it's about a successful woman, who owns her business but also has trouble with her love life. I like the main character Erica Stanford, she's very smart and
has a grown woman mentality that I really like. Although, she can't seem to get her love life in check, at least she has a roof over her head, a great job, and can buy herself anything she wants. Just when she least expects, she gets a letter in the mail telling her that she has been called to do Jury Duty. Upon arrival she meets a very handsome man, Jerome, who isn't the typical guy she goes for.


Jerome on the other hand, works for the state and is basically your average guy just trying to make an honest living. I love that the author put them together, she does a really great job of showing how two people from two different lifestyles can come together and push each other to be greater. I see a lot of myself in Erica, that's why I relate to her so much, I want my partner to achieve his dreams and not settle for less.

I don't want to give the whole book away but something crazy does happen in the book, you'll just have to read and find out. I love these types of books because even though it's fiction, it's still real life situations. I think the author does a great job of doing that, and talking about books, I'm actually in the process of writing my own book. I don't have to details yet, but it is fiction, because I absolutely love it and I'll let you guys know more about it, until next time ❤️


With Love & Sweetness,









No comments: