Translate

April 08, 2016

Book Recommendation -- Let's Stay Today




Hello Bookworms,

Today's book is, Let's Stay Together By J.J Murray. This book is a love story, but more of a modern type of love story. Where fame, a fan boy, and a guy who proposed to her all for publicity, doesn't get in her way for true love.

The story begins by her being in a relationship with a man who's an actor. She was an actor too for a very popular tv show but took a step back because she got engaged. A couple of years being together and she felt like her and her fiance were drifting apart, until one day when she came home and saw him on top of another man.
She packed her stuff up and moved into a small apartment where ice cream and cookies were her best friends. A few months went by and a fan boy -- how he got her email I don't remember -- decides to email her, just to see what happens. He knew she wouldn't reply, I mean she was famous, but she did. They grew close but fame started to get in the way of their happiness, the end.

Nah, I'm just kidding. But basically that's what happened, this book is 352 pages so it's a very lengthy book. I loved the beginning because it's very relatable to current times, meeting people on the Internet is very common now a days. I loved this book up until the very moment the main character and the fan boy met, then I kind of drifted off a little. No, I did not finish the book, this book is way too long and I didn't like how the author betrayed the female character, she seemed weak to me. She was so eager to run out to New York and get married to this boy that it was a little too fairy tail for my liking. 

Another thing that bothered me was the fan boy and the main character, made it back to New York because he was a plumber and needed to go back to work, so he brought her along. Not only did he bring her along, but she brought -- unintentionally -- a couple of paparazzi as well. Through there journey to his job, it was snowing and the paparazzi kept asking questions about everything. Now here is what bothered me, they didn't want to be asked questions but kept answering every, single, question. It got to the point where I had to put the book down and walk away because I was getting mad.

For the most part, I did like the book and liked how it was different -- ie. Black female and white males story line -- I just wished he hadn't made the female so vulnerable. The situation did called for it though, she was engaged, living in a big house, to finding out her fiance was gay and moving into a studio apartment. The author did an okay job with the story but tell me your thoughts. Until next time ❤️


With Love & Sweetness,

No comments: