Translate

June 09, 2015

Book Recommendation -- The Unheralded King of Preston Plains Middle

(Click The Picture)

Hey Everyone,

I know I've just disappeared, but I'm in the process of transitioning to a new job. Although, I will miss my old job it wasn't helping me with my bills and all that other boring adult stuff. In this time, I have been reading -- like I always do, Unheralded King of Preston Plains Middle by Jedah Mayberry. Before I moved out of CT, my neighbors son, wrote a book and she was so kind enough to give me a sample. When I read the first page I was so happy because this was just the book I wanted to read,
Picture from Google
I love the way its written and how its very poetic like. It's kind of a sad story and for some people who love to read, but aren't very advance readers, it might be a little challenging.

Story Line

This story is about a young boy's passage into manhood. Alonzo "Grandpa Tuke" Tooker, who is Dottie's father, and Langston and Trajan mother. Langston has dreams of being in the Olympics but when a fight happens as a little boy, the terrible accident brings Langston's Olympic dreams to an abrupt close. Trajan, the youngest son, gets older and learns the difficulties of becoming an adult. Self-destructing childhood friends change, his initiation to women is in the hands of a former teacher, and his growing awareness of the outside world which include a Haitian drug lord's operation and the police watching him.

I really would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading. I often would read this on the train and it made my rides very enjoyable, I hope you guys read this book and let me know what you think. Until next time ❤️ 

With Love and Sweetness, 

No comments: